Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Falling Out That Needs Patching Up

No one ever existed on earth without a relationship. A relationship may either last or lose its meaning depending on how warm or cold a person is. I have a wonderful relationship with my family. I attribute this to having the most wonderful relationship I’ve been into for more than fifteen years already and that is my relationship with the Lord. My relationship with my wife and other members of my family may not be perfect but they are God’s gift.

Disagreements are hard to avoid. There will always be falling outs and patching ups to do to keep the relationship. These are life’s challenges that strengthen me. The following are the solutions I have tried whenever I couldn’t voice out my reasons during family disagreements:

Write a letter. There are many ways to do this in this modernized world we live in and I can always be creative.

Send a text message with my sincerity in it.

Use gifts or simple tokens that symbolize a purpose or a message. Wait for the right time to talk. This is the best when both parties are still very angry.


I did some other things that were effective in patching up a broken relationship. Through the years, I realized that a person’s worth will not diminish when you take the first step to convey a sorry message. Instead, you become more valuable and well-loved when you show humility and expressed your appreciation for a loved one. A complete understanding that no person can survive without a meaningful relationship is what makes me a content and happier person.

No comments:

Post a Comment