Sunday, December 23, 2012

When Memory Fails


Being in my forty’s is a big challenge for me. There are many positive as well as negative sides to it, but it is generally a stage cramped with colourful and memorable events. This is the stage when I begin to be more “other” people conscious. My heightened interest in doing more worthy causes for the underprivileged is an expected event in my age-group. This awareness of the concern for others is one positive side to being forty plus. Life becomes more challenging when the negative things set in. One of these downsides is the beginning of memory deterioration or I want to call it “old-timers’disease.”

I read that memory doesn’t really deteriorate with age. It’s just that when we were younger, we didn’t have as many concerns and responsibilities than we have in our older years. When memory starts to fail me, I devise plans or systems so as not to jeopardize my activities for the day. I maximize the use of my mobile phone. If you are using an Android phone, there are lots of free software that are very useful in keeping track of your daily activities.

You may use both Springpad and Evernote for your agenda, notes, calendar of activities
and other task-oriented programs. These and other tools can even be shared via the internet because most of these programs are also social networking tools. All these can be downloaded from your Android mobile phones using the Play Store application.

My most interesting and capable solution to my memory problems is my mobile phone because I always carry it with me. I can customize the programs according to my need. Another solution which is very common is to use post-it notes that are pasted where I can readily see the notes from my work area. Moreover, having a partner in life who is very organized and systematic is also my biggest asset to combat troubles with memory.

When memory fails, be not discouraged because there are many things that you could do about it. Proper diet and supplements that combat weakening of memory are good. You may also use supplements like garlic and ginseng for memory and mental acuity. The best thing to do, however, is to maintain a system that can fit your active life.

No comments:

Post a Comment