Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Solution: Stationary Biking


These are the days when I can no longer ascertain the regularity of seasons. The weather has become so erratic. The turn of events has made even the weather forecasters inconsistent and unreliable with their forecast. For many like me who depend on good weather to carry out my needed physical outdoor exercise, the best solution should match the program that I set for me to keep my blood sugar and blood pressure consistently controlled.

I chose mountain biking as my regular activity for my health and wellness needs and when my program is continually disrupted, all of my day’s activities follow suit. The best solution that I got that could equal the intensity of my outdoor activity was to buy programs in CD that I could play while doing indoor biking. I acquired a “tool” where I attach my bike so I could use it as a stationary bike. I turn on the TV, play the program that monitors the duration of my activity, the necessary stops, the hydration process I need to do. I make sure I have the proper ventilation as well, which is just like what I get when I am biking outdoors.

There are just people who could not do activities without an agenda to guide them. I always want things in order and with system to follow. I need consistency and a lot of convenience even if it means spending for necessary equipment or tools. But for others who may not have the finances to satisfy their mild “obsessive compulsiveness”, the internet offers a wide array of information on “how to’s”.

No comments:

Post a Comment