Saturday, November 24, 2012

Unusual Birthday Celebration

Celebrating my birthday is one way I re-connect to the closest friends I got. This particular month of October seems to be extra-ordinarily unusual because I celebrated my birthday way too early – more than two weeks before my actual day of days. These people are physically present with us and having them as part of my celebration is awesome. But what if I wanted to celebrate my birthday with loved ones who are miles away?

All of my sisters and brother live very far from where I live. It’s been ages since we all gathered together. At my age, I am beginning to really miss the good old days. Modernization is such a wonderful phenomenon that gave me the best opportunities to be with my loved ones. Although there can be no substitute for the physical encounters with family, the best solution for me to at least regularly connect with them is by way of the internet.

There are many ways and many options for me whenever I want to reconnect with friends and relatives.

I use the mobile phones to text and call. With the many promos available, this has become less
expensive. The electronic mail is much better than the snail mail especially with people like me who don’t have the luxury to go to the post office.

The best solution I have whenever I miss my family abroad is to use communication programs online. I find Skype very helpful although with Android phones, I couldn’t really depend on Skype.

These days, the resurgence of tons of useful technology can always make one’s birthday celebration memorable even when loved ones are living far away from home. Technological advances have made living very convenient and everyone can find a means of communication that is convenient for a particular situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment