Sunday, November 18, 2012

Coffee Is My Thing

Coffee is one of my wonderful partners in life. There is not a single day that passed by, as far as I remember, that I did not drink a cup of steaming coffee. Coffee is my thing and it will be for the rest of my computer-rich, techy life here on earth.

I’m not very fancy when it comes to coffee. Just a teaspoon each of coffee, creamer and sugar in hot water will always make my day.

Do I consider myself addicted to it? Caffeine is addictive, whether we like to accept it or not. However, I certainly can say that I am still a normal guy when it comes to my coffee habit.

Coffee-drinking is also an excellent vehicle for bonding with friends. During occasions when alcoholic drinks are popular, I stick with my coffee.

I do not drink alcohol, not even once in my forty plus existence. In the past, it could have gotten me into so much trouble. This is particularly true because of the fact that Filipinos are known for placing so much value on camaraderie thing.

When friends and acquaintances opt for alcohol in those gatherings that I also attended, I stuck with my “non-alcoholic beverage for me” rule firmly. This is the only solution I’ve known of that has become all-time effective because I was able to let people know who I am and they accepted and respected me for that.

It’s just a matter of making them understand why I don’t drink.

I would always explain that I have nothing against alcohol and those who drink. It’s just that I really don’t like the taste. Thankfully, they never exclude me during gatherings around the table.

They would have alcoholic drinks and I would have my coffee. That simple..and I eat the food they partner with their drinks! Coffee is really my thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment