Sunday, November 18, 2012

5 Things That Really Matter

My life had been a cycle of frustrations. I took up a course that I was not interested in and it changed my life forever! I needed focus and all the help I could muster. Just like any ordinary person, I needed help and the one thing that really helped me was prayer coupled with positive attitude.

Through the years, I have made up my mind to value the things that really matter to me. What I consider important may just be insignificant to others - that I also started to understand as I lived more than forty years of my life now. There are 5 things that really matter today as far as “myself” is concerned. These five have become central to how I live my life now.

1. Relationships - My relationship to God as my Saviour put to order every earthly relationships I have. With God at the center of my marriage, I have become the happiest husband. I learned to nurture my blood ties and the various friendships I developed in my lifetime.

2. Health – My desire to make the people around me happy has made me health conscious. Being healthy would give me longer life span to be with the people I love.

3. Business – Business has become mainly dependent on how I view my relationships, health and the other things that really matter to me. Productivity in business is achieved with the right attitude, great health and good relationships.

4. Purpose – My purpose is to glorify God who is the source of everything I now enjoy and He is still in the business of blessing me more which will result to praise.

5. Hope – Everything has an end. My greatest hope is to enjoy eternity with Him.

However hard I hide my spirituality, I just could not. This is me. Everything I do, I need to consult with the highest authority who is God. Life’s challenges can become easy when we seek Him who is the source of all wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment