Monday, January 21, 2013

It Pays to be Early


It pays to be early in everything. All the people around you may have been so used to coming late and doing things later in the day, but it always pays to be on the dot. However, there will always be times when the crazy attitude and behavior of the people you come in contact with everyday for various reasons will affect you in any way, either you get completely annoyed or worse, you emulate them.

I am a city dweller who has been trained all my life to be on time and be a hater of “Filipino time” attitude. Well, yes..I fail sometimes and I am fully aware that there will always be instances when I will be late, but it doesn’t need to be a way of life. There are many missed opportunities when people come late and I have experienced some obvious ones like missed freebies, missed income, missed trips, etc.

I believe that if there are no credible and acceptable reasons for being late, I should do everything to come on time..or it becomes my habit. I know, because there were successive times in the past when I seemed to have “enjoyed” coming late too. It’s good that I came to my senses in no time and resolved that I would make all efforts to avoid being late except when a situation arises that being late becomes unavoidable.

At a time, when I noticed that I wasn’t already trying my best to avoid being late, I became conscientious. Being habitually late is a negative attitude that will not benefit me. I adjusted my watch way earlier that the actual time. I also exercised a lot and it helped overcome my sluggishness. I made a record of things that I categorized as urgent, important and less important. Since then, I regained my record as being the most punctual in every gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment