Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Deal with Stress


Many people die young these days. A relative of mind died in his early 30’s. A friend passed
away in his late twenties. Another from my batch in high school died in his mid 40’s. I think that the main culprit in their acquiring diseases that led to their early death is STRESS!

Stress makes people seriously ill. The orientation of your DNA which is the building blocks of life gets distorted when you are consistently exposed to extremely stressful life situations. DNA malfunction results to different forms of cancer, all kinds of diseases and abnormalities and eventually, death.

Stress is a serious thing. It can definitely kill you. My blood pressure rises when I am stressed out. I’m taking medicines to maintain my blood pressure. Aside from maintenance medicines, I made up my mind to change my lifestyle, choice of food and do a lot of things to de-stress.

Anti-stress tablets are now actually available even without a doctor’s prescription. Another thing you can do is to avoid watching horror and extremely suspenseful movies. I watch comedy or love stories. Overall, how do I deal with stress successfully?

First, I look for a place where I can be alone and shout the loudest so I could get rid of those heavy loads off my chest. Next, I cry if I need to because despite being a man, I believe that crying is a healthy activity.

Another way, I found out, that is good in beating stress is to talk to somebody close to me. I talk to God in prayer. In addition to all these, I also think about wonderful things that make me happy. I also recommend acquiring a pet. Through the years, I also found out that bible reading coupled with praying is one of the best ways to fight stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment