Thursday, January 10, 2013

Huge Dogs, Huge Happiness


Dog is man’s best friend – a very familiar expression which to me is very true. I have always been a dog lover. I had a beautiful German Shepherd when I was a young boy. I have known from experience that dogs are like humans – they have emotions.

I remember full well how my bullmastiff became very agitated when I became overly emotional over a particular situation. They show different emotions for their various needs. Their body language too, speaks for themselves. My dog’s tail sways vigorously when he becomes overly happy whenever I arrive at home. That means “dog food”.

I go for huge dogs because they give me huge happiness. Life becomes a lot more challenging when your wife doesn’t want succeeding dogs to be as huge as our present pets. She wants smaller, or to be exact very small dogs! I never had small dogs. We need to resolve this because I am now dreaming of getting another huge dog in addition to my two right now.

When disagreements like this occur between husband and wife, we cannot say, “We will cross the bridge when we get there.” Planning is needed because dogs are like humans being born in the family. Right now, my wife loves our two huge dogs very much, but she made up her mind not to have another like them in the future because of the emotional attachment she develops with these nice creatures. She could hardly tolerate sadness at the thought of losing them someday.

The best solution we found for this life’s little challenge is to take a break and not really think about acquiring any pets yet. We decided at the moment that we will just give our best to reciprocate the loyalty of our dogs by giving them love and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment