Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Wedding At 5AM


Very recently, my wife and I were invited to a wedding of a local TV host/reporter. The strictly all-black attire is not quite surprising to me because I’ve seen some weddings with an all-black motif. What astonished me a little bit was the schedule of the wedding which was to start at sunrise: 5-AM.

I also heard a wedding or two that started at five in the morning. Nevertheless, having to attend a wedding like that myself was rather new to me so I needed to make a lot of adjustment especially due to the fact that I have a very irregular sleeping habit. Another problem with this schedule had been the absence of a helper to take care of house chores before we go out.

My wife and I both agreed on doing some adjustments so that we could at least enjoy some hours of sleep instead of the original plan to just stay up until five AM. Two days before the wedding, we made sure that everything that had to be brought to the wedding was already prepared. The night before the wedding, my wife prepared the food for our two huge dogs. Additionally, I imposed upon myself the discipline of not facing the computer longer just for that particular night.

I am not the kind that could go to sleep immediately when I position myself in bed but I needed to try.

It’s a good thing that right after setting the alarm at 3:30 AM and around thirty minutes of TV time, I snoozed. Still, we woke up at one in the morning and failed to go to sleep again.

For many, a problem like this is not quite a problem at all. For those who could hardly get up early and start for the door and leave to attend a sunrise wedding, the solutions I mentioned might help. But then again, there are other things that could work according to one person’s preference, attitude, habits and biological clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment